Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
qman612  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 3:27:17 PM(UTC)
qman612

Groups: Forum Member

Dhaka-Damascus (big court) - Dhaka is coming off a surprising loss to Suba. They should be able to rebound this week.

Islamabad-Sana'a (small court) - Tehran did the best job of any team so far on Abdul Popal. Islamabad has a stout defense as well and with their fluid offense, I see them getting this win.

Granada-Mecca (big court) - toss up. Granada's backcourt is solid and hard to stop. Mecca has the size advantage however so they may be able to win this one.

Lahore-Kazan (small court) - This game features two of the league's best players in Jon Dejesus and Pat Jaramillo. It should be a fun one to watch, but I think Kazan will pull it out in the end.

Lagos-Suba (big court) - Lagos looks better every week with Ted, Zain, and Yaqob leading the way. Suba is coming off an impressive win over Dhaka as well, but will they be able to stop the big 3 on Lagos?

Beirut-Jeddah (small court) -

Amman-Jakarta (big court) - Game of the week. Both teams have solid backcourts, but Jakarta has the edge defensively and they win in a close one.

Baghdad-Mombasa (small court) - Mombasa remains undefeated after this week.

Tehran-Timbuktu (big court) - Tehran is getting better every week. They are a top 5 team as I said before and will be dangerous come playoff time. Timbuktu survived a close game last week to Baghdad but still needs to figure out their chemistry. Tehran is further along in that area.

Sarajevo-Cordoba (small court) - Cordoba is putting the league on notice with back to back quality wins. With their full squad they will be difficult to beat.
billalabbassi  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 20, 2018 10:20:24 AM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dhaka/Damascus- Dhaka is struggling to begin the season, however, Damascus has been more than struggling. Damascus is last in PPG, last in PAPG. They are in the bottom 4 of every single stat recorded in this league. Ouch. Thingz are not looking good for them atm. Dhaka has to turn thingz around and get everything figured out. This is the week to do just that. Let's go Dhaka, get on it.

Islamabad/Sana'a- I will not predict my own game. #footballseasonisout #STDWSI

Granada/Mecca- Mecca is missing 2 key players in Malik Zubi and Obada Tartir. Malik was having one of his best seasons and now it looks like he's out fro the season with a fractured ankle. You are in our prayers, get well soon In Shaa Allah. Obada has helped this Mecca team fly up to a top defensive team, now it looks like he's out for the season with a fractured thumb. Get well soon habibi. You're in our prayers. Anwar went off last week and Granada won by like 47 points. Great game Granada, let's see if you could build on that.

Lahore/Kazan- Lahore lost their first game last week...... without Jon Dejesus. If Jon was their, I believe they win the game. He's an electrifying player with great Bball IQ. Kazan knows how to put that ball in the hoop, but they need to start playing more defense. If Kazan plays defense they win this game, if not, Lahore wins. Really a toss up, I guess I'll just go with Lahore here.

Lagos/Suba- Suba beat Dhaka last week, great win. I like their defense, ima rock with Suba in this game.

Beirut/Jeddah- Beirut has been struggling recently but Jeddah hasn't been having the best of seasons. I don't see how Jeddah will stop Mingo.

Amman/Jakarta- Great game. Two Top tier teams going head-to-head. Must watch Muslimball. Yousef and Mujtaba are the catalysts but they also have Mo Masri who will kill you from deep. They are a better defensive team than they have been playing so far. I'm waiting for them to step up their defense. Amman has a good defensive/offensive combo. They need to pick up their free throw shooting though. This is another toss up. I'll guess Jakarta wins.

Baghdad/Mombasa- Mombasa is undefeated.

Tehran/Timbuktu- Tehran held Abdul-Popal to 6 points. Is that an off game or great defense? I've been saying that Tehran has an underrated defense and they proved it last week. I have to go with Tehran with that defense.

Sarajevo/Cordoba- Cordoba has been playing well as of late and they show no signs of slowing down. Sarajevo is 0-4. They should focus on defense and that will create offense.

Edited by user Friday, February 23, 2018 9:28:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 4:44:30 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Dhaka/Damascus - won’t predict my game. Not taking Damascus lightly - they’ve played 4 top level teams and sooner or later they’ll start clicking

Islamabad/Sana'a - Not worried about AMP - the guy is one of the most prolific scorers MB has ever had (props to Tehran btw), he’s allowed to have an off game. The key matchup is Jason Weiss and Big O. JWeiss is a savvy vet with great footwork and fundamentals. I see him containing Big O just enough. Not taking anything away from Islamabad - they’re off to a hot start, but the timing isn’t good for them - facing a Sana’a team with a little extra something to prove. Sana'a's supporting cast has shown flashes of what they can do, I think they step up for the W.

Granada/Mecca - I was gonna say Mecca takes this based on their bigs. But Malik and Obada out? That’s a big loss. In our prayers brothers, May Allah give you both Shifaa and Sabr. Anwar’s on fire and Mecca’s gonna take some time to overcome the injuries - Granada wins

Lahore/Kazan - Should be an exciting game I think Lahore has the better all around squad

Lagos/Suba - Zain/Yacob have figured it out. Suba has some momentum and chemistry but I don’t see them being able to top Lagos

Beirut/Jeddah - I thought Jeddah was turning their season around after a solid game against Tehran. But then they got Anwar’d last week. Beirut started the season hot, but has cooled considerably. I don’t know which way to go here, I guess I’ll go with Beirut - Nick’s due for a big game, and Bingo Mingo will do his thing

Amman/Jakarta - 2 of the top teams. I think Jakarta is a little more dangerous and has better chemistry at the moment

Baghdad/Mombasa - Dan’s grabbing rebounds faster than you can say Chapli Kebab. Raza and Sadat go together like raisins and carrots on Kabuli Palao. Sadat leading the league in assists with 6.5/game. Mombasa’s on fire and I’m hungry for KP

Tehran/Timbuktu - Tehran’s ranked 4th in points allowed but let’s be real these guys lock it down better than anyone else. Timbuktu’s putting a decent season together but I don’t see them being able to put up enough points to beat Tehran.

Sarajevo/Cordoba - I told y’all Kenny was bringing a squad this season! As long as there are no attendance issues with Cordoba they’ll take care of business
Himey  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:22:00 PM(UTC)
Himey

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Dhaka-Damascus (big court) - Fact of the matter is this league has become much stronger in the PF/C position this season. Salman needs some help. They are getting out rebounded, and out muscled. Luckily, Damascus is not a big team.

Islamabad-Sana'a (small court) - Look for the Abbaassi's to put the tough defense of Islam Abbassi with the help of the nearest man doubling on Abdul. That should do it for this game. d

Granada-Mecca (big court) - First off, a major get well get well to Malik (who pushed me to get back to writing the predictions) and Obada. Anwar going for 40 you heard it here first.

Lahore-Kazan (small court) - Lahore is a good defending team, and they surrounded Jon with some good threats from deep, and excellent big men in Herb and Muhannad. They out play Lahore.

Lagos-Suba (big court) - Lagos not playing at full potential, and Suba keeps getting written off. Not in this one.

Beirut-Jeddah (small court) - Both teams flat lining right now, but Beirut needs to win this game to prove that they aren't entirely average.

Amman-Jakarta (big court) -

Baghdad-Mombasa (small court) - First seasons are never easy. Welcome to the league.

Tehran-Timbuktu (big court) - I like Tehran, I think they play hard, and with heart. Seems like They're starting to figure things out with the new pieces.

Sarajevo-Cordoba (small court) - Sarajevo needs to call leonard Lee's agent asap and tell him they changed their mind and will give him the Max.
Ibrahim Omar
MB Commissioner
commissioner@muslimbasketball.org
ef_128  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 8:53:49 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Dhaka-Damascus (big court) - Dhaka on vacation mode. To make it challenging for them during the playoffs, they are losing regular season games to get a lower seed. I see what yall doing. Damascus, unfortuantely will not win this game. They are too young and too average. You can hustle all you want, but the ball still needs to go thru the rim. No scorer and no veteran leadership to lead them. Maybe next season they will pick up some firepower.

Islamabad-Sana'a (small court) - Sana'a has a matchup with another team that can potentially limit Abdul's scoring. Islamabad's guards are feisty on defense. Sana'a needs to look to Jason and Netti this game for some buckets. Omar can't cover both of them. Giving the edge to Sana'a in a nail biter.

Granada-Mecca (big court) - Big whoop. Score 40 points 4 on 5 on the small court. Bring your popcorn. Mecca putting on a show!

Lahore-Kazan (small court) - Is Kazan ever gonna play on the big court? If the trend continues, Pat is up for a 30+ point game. If Kazan traps like they usually do, they should be able to give Lahore their second loss.

Lagos-Suba (big court) - Both these teams feeling good about themselves right now. Lagos has been short handed the past couple weeks and its been a good thing for them. Suba just took out the champs. Yes, Suba.

Beirut-Jeddah (small court) - Jeddah is not an 0-4 team. Do not take them lightly. Beirut got worked last week. Don't see that happening again. Hart / Nick / Mingo all go off this game!

Amman-Jakarta (big court) - This looks like a great game. Very good matchups. Save some popcorn for this game. Small edge to Jakarta.

Baghdad-Mombasa (small court) - Baghdad should use this game to practice and game plan for next week.

Tehran-Timbuktu (big court) - If Tehran plays a little bit of extra defense this week, they should win this game.

Sarajevo-Cordoba (small court) - Cordoba at full strength is a title contender. Kenny doesn't have to play the big man role anymore with Luke in the picture. Kenny/Dave can shoot and Luke will clean up the boards.