Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 5:13:54 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
aliomari17  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 15, 2017 6:29:32 PM(UTC)
aliomari17

Groups: Forum Member
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Mombasa, Islamabad, Grenada. Those are my three predictions.
baller77  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 1:54:36 AM(UTC)
baller77

Granada, Tehran, Mombasa, Sarajevo
ef_128  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 7:59:08 AM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
9am
Granada @ Dhaka
Early morning game. Ouch. I watched Dhaka play and I told myself 'if these guys play like this all the time, no one is stopping them'. Their ball movement and chemistry was impeccable. Their trap defense worked great. They let off the gas pedal in the second half and let the other team come back, but the game was always in their hand.
Going with Dhaka here.

10am
Alexandria @ Mombasa
Alexandria needs to figure out a game plan for Dan. Dan is probably 3x the size of Alexandria's biggest player. Alexandria can stop Mombasa's scorers. Lock down D by Mahdi can be an issue for Raza. Yo Shah will need to take over in this game. Mo Masri will need to light it up from outside.
Mombasa wins.

11am
Amman @ Tehran
Omar Mana vs Joe Z !! With full squads, this will be the matchup of the day. Luis/Moayad vs Joe/Ali/Cody. Bring your popcorn!
Winner = undecided at the moment.

12pm
Sarajevo @ Islamabad
Another good matchup. Sarajevo with Leonard is a different team. They will need as much offense as they can get from Leonard and Rameez if they want to win. Islamabad has great defense and will definitely limit Leonard/Rameez from doing their normal damage.
Siding with Islamabad.
MB Power Rankings  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 18, 2017 5:40:33 PM(UTC)
MB Power Rankings

Groups: Forum Moderator

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Granada vs. Dhaka
What pops out looking at this game is how intriguing the matchups are at all five spots. For Dhaka, Farzad has been the horse every post season and that was again the case in their Sweet 16 victory against Delhi. Granada has been very well balanced all season long, but they also have the “go off” personnel that Dhaka has thrived with. Dhaka has five guys that can take a game and win it for them - Granada has four. How does Granada win this game? Play smart and attack when the opportunity presents itself. How does Dhaka avoid what seems to be the upset pick of the week? Take care of the ball and take good shots, not the first ones.
My pick: Dhaka.

Alexandria vs. Mombasa
Mombasa is the hottest team in the league and they don’t look like they're cooling down. I don’t see Alexandria being able to guard Daniel, but they have the pieces to challenge the Mombasa backcourt. Alexandria wins this game by preventing Raza from getting going in the open court, not falling in love with just the three ball, and keeping Mombasa off the offensive glass. Mombasa wins this by extending their defense to contest Alexandria’s jump shots and getting Daniel the ball while he’s moving towards the rim. I trust Mombasa's execution more than Alexandria's shot selection.
My pick: Mombasa.

Amman vs. Tehran
Does Amman keep the magic going after shocking the league and knocking off Sana’a? If Luis and Moayad do what they did last week and Omar Mana keeps Joe Z in check, they have a very good chance of stealing this game. BUT, Tehran will have their say in whether or not Luis and Moayad do what they did last week - Joe P and Cody will have their hands full in this one defensively, but I think they can play up to the challenge. As much as I want to go with the upset, I think Tehran escapes this one because Joe Z gets Omar Mana in early foul trouble and keeps him from playing aggressively.
My pick: Tehran.

Sarajevo vs. Islamabad
A full Sarajevo squad pushes Islamabad to the edge. Do they win it? If Leonard and Rameez put up 50 (they averaged 40 combined this season) and they get a little extra from everyone else, they take this one. If Islamabad slows this game down and limits Sarajevo’s possession and ability to run, they’ll escape this one. Islamabad has only given up 50 points once this season, that resulted in a loss. Sarajevo finds a way to get 58 in the lone upset of the week.
My pick: Sarajevo.
billalabbassi  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 12:52:27 PM(UTC)
billalabbassi

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Granada vs Dhaka:
In a weekend where every game is a great match-up, this has to be the game of the week. Granada has 4 players that could completely take over a game, while Dhaka, yes have the players that could take over games, but takes over games as a team. Their are the occasional games where Farzad just absolutely take over, but Dhaka has great chemistry and it's what has been leading this team for the past few seasons. For Granada, the Omar brothers, Singer and Qasem, and the Ahmed Brothers, Waqas and Anwar, could each generate some serious damage. I could easily see an upset with this game. I'm going to go with Dhaka just because of the experience.

Alexandria vs Mombasa:
If Alexandria is going to win this game, it's going to take one hell of an effort. Mombasa is like the Spurs, they're great every season and they do it with unselfish play. Alexandria has the ability to go off from 3 point land, but so does Mombasa. Mombasa has Raza who could run the floor, Weiss who could just own the paint, and Yousef who has been a great addition for this team. I like Mombasa in this one.

Amman vs Tehran:
Another great match-up. Moayad has been phenomenal, but Louis will be the difference maker. If he brings his A game, Amman has a real shot at winning this game (of course assuming Mana shows up). Joe Pipitone has the ability to take Moayad out of this game, and Mana and Big Boy Joe (Joe Zekian- I don't know why I'm writing "Big Boy Joe" lol) will cancel each other out. It really comes down to the supporting casts, and Louis can push Amman to victory. This is really close, I don't know where I'm leaning. Let's go with Tehran. Tehran wins.

Sarajevo vs Islamabad:
I'm not going to predict my game, however, I guess I can comment a little. Islamabad has the MVP Omar Abbassi. Basel Bataineh is coming off a great game, and we, Islamabad, play unselfishly. We have great perimeter defenders in Fursan and Islam Abbassi. I haven't really seen much of Sarajevo, but I've been asking around, and everyone is telling me they are a great team. I don't think Muslimbasketball named a ROY, but I heard Leonard Lee is definitely a candidate. The man is averaging 22 a game shooting it at 52.5%, amazing. Other than that, I don't really know their players, but they seem like a pretty tall team, and this is definitely not going to be a walk in the park. It's going to be a grind out game that can go either way. Best of luck Sarajevo and may the best team win. #football>basketball
Strive to Do What Seems Impossible
MAhmed  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 20, 2017 6:10:49 PM(UTC)
MAhmed

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Alexandria vs. Mombasa - Alexandria has excellent perimeter defenders who can slow down Mombasa, it’s definitely to their advantage to keep this a half court game (aka Amman last season 1st round of the playoffs). The problem is that’s easier said than done. Raza/Sadat & Company are all about that full court life. Throw in Yusuf and the big men and that’s a lot of problems. Going with Mombasa here.

Amman vs. Tehran
Tehran is one of the best defensive teams and they’ll be up to challenge to lock up Moayad and Luis. I agree with the thinking that Big Joe and the Man-sta will cancel each other out. Tehran’s aggressiveness and easy flowing offense should get the win. However Amman does have an X factor and that is no other than Mo Shabazz himself. This will be a close one, going with Tehran but wouldn’t be surprised if Mo wills his squad to a win.

Sarajevo vs. Islamabad
Sarajevo has been a great addition to the league - great guys on and off the court. LL and Rameez can put up points in a hurry, with Mike R being the distributor, but if needed he can be a scorer too. If their supporting cast (kudos to Umar getting them the 1st round win) steps up it could get them the win. But here’s the issue, Sarajevo is not known for their defense. Islamabad is one to exploit any defensive lapses and weaknesses. They also play excellent team defense and everybody can rebound. Islamabad 2nd in points allowed vs Sarajevo 21st. For that reason I’ll pick Islamabad.