Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ef_128  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2015 3:54:34 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Groups: Forum Moderator, Website Administration

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
REGISTRATION IS NOT OPEN YET.

http://muslimbasketball.org/registration.asp

READ IT THOROUGHLY!

D2 is now D1 (still Thursday night) - same rules and competition level so don't start stacking your teams.
D3 is now D2 (Saturday morning)
New league is D3 (Saturday morning)

You can only play in 1 division.

Edited by user Sunday, June 21, 2015 3:56:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

firassabbassi  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:53:44 PM(UTC)
firassabbassi

Groups: Forum Member

Salam. I am hoping that the league will reconsider its approach to the roster approval process. half of the teams in the league has either a commissioner or admin on it. Those teams get to see who approves and rejects their rosters and transactions while the rest of the teams have no clue. This can lead to those teams rejecting a roster just because their roster got rejected by said team. This can also lead to certain captains not rejecting a roster because they know the other team will know who rejected them. The approval / rejection process should be made public or should only go through an admin who is not playing in the league. Thank you.
ef_128  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 6:07:26 AM(UTC)
ef_128

firassabbassi wrote:
This can also lead to certain captains not rejecting a roster because they know the other team will know who rejected them. The approval / rejection process should be made public

reverse those two sentences
firassabbassi  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 11:16:15 AM(UTC)
firassabbassi

if you reverse those 2 sentences, it shows what is already going on but only for a few teams.
wmcneil1986  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 11:39:32 AM(UTC)
wmcneil1986

Will new players get rejected . I have a couple guys that's fully committed it would suck to get rejected
ef_128  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 12:10:38 PM(UTC)
ef_128

Firass - so you are assuming Directors/Commissioners are basing their votes on who rejects them, instead of making a decision that is best for the league?

Walter - if your team is the same level as last season, you guys should be fine

Here's a list to all players who have signed up so far online -
http://muslimbasketball.org/registration-list.asp

REMINDER TO ALL D1/D2 captains - even though each division name has changed, the competition level is to remain the same.

Edited by user Friday, July 10, 2015 12:12:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mastaweiss  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 12:47:00 PM(UTC)
mastaweiss

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Firass has a right to express what he thinks. Don't know why you're shutting him down.

How can you say otherwise ed? Can you read minds? Didn't think so.
firassabbassi  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 1:23:54 PM(UTC)
firassabbassi

Ed. apparantly you have a difficult time reading. Instead of focusing on one part of my post, analyze the whole thing. I also stated a team may not reject a roster because he knows that the other team will know they rejected it. I know with 100% certainty that this had happened. I was told by another team that they did not reject a transaction that they felt should have been rejected because the other team would know they rejected it. He did not want revenge to play into any of his teams future transactions. On a separate occasion, I was told by a captain he did not reject a transaction he felt should have been rejected because he was pretty sure it would get rejected without his vote and he did not want the other captain to see that he rejected it because he is friends with him. So I am not accusing the commissioners or admins of anything. I know they have the leagues best interest at heart. But if it stops other teams from rejecting or approving rosters, that is unfair.
ef_128  
#9 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 2:11:39 PM(UTC)
ef_128

i dont think approvals should go public. if it went public, a lot of captains would stay quiet instead of making decisions that are best for the league

in my opinion, all approvals should be handled by me and only me Applause
firassabbassi  
#10 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 2:36:52 PM(UTC)
firassabbassi

Going public may not be the best solution, but it would at least put a stop to that 1 captain in the league who rejects every roster and transaction just because he wants to have the best team and wants to be able to roll over every team. Everyone knows who I'm talking about. I myself have never rejected a roster at the beginning of a season nor will I ever reject a roster unless a team is clearly way better than every other team which has never been the case. But if it stops other captains from rejecting or approving based on who knows what's being rejected or approved, then that is not fair. I am down for 1 person being responsible for approvals and rejections and I vote for Ed.
Prince21  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 2:38:27 PM(UTC)
Prince21

I don't know if guys know what stack teams are anymore ? It was at least 3 stack teams last season. I won't name any, meanwhile one of our players got rejected on our team and he played the season before. I don't understand that at all. I don't go around complaining about anything, however that was very unfair. Oh not to mention his rejecting got reverse with 2 games left in the season
ef_128  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 2:50:41 PM(UTC)
ef_128

the approval system does have its flaws .. what are some ideas to either fix it or implement a better system

tyrek - i see how it is with that profile picture
firassabbassi  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 3:04:52 PM(UTC)
firassabbassi

For starters, I think that every team should see the reasonings that the other captains are giving for rejections. Not who rejected, but the reason why it is being rejected. Then maybe some sort of appeal process of the reasoning for the rejection is stupid.
wmcneil1986  
#14 Posted : Saturday, July 11, 2015 3:53:38 PM(UTC)
wmcneil1986

I feel no one should get rejected unless their some kind of pro . It's a great league and many players want to play it .
Big O  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:27:27 AM(UTC)
Big O

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Somehow I missed this entire thread. The approval process for both in-season and pre-season definitely has flaws, and the commissioners put a lot of time in discussing and trying to identify and implement ways to improve it. The league does not want to deny anyone entry into the league, but at the same time the level of competition must be maintained.

1. As D2 grew and D3 was introduced - D1 became essentially bring your own roster with no approval process. It worked for a season or two but as the comp level kept rising - many of those D1 players went to D2 and D1 essentially folded. For several reasons that dont have to be specified here, that cannot happen again. So if there are players with college experience or can just flat out ball - those guys have to be restricted or else it becomes an arms race and the league will fall into the same cycle.

2. For the approval process, when a transaction or team is rejected, those reasons are for the most part consolidated and provided to the captain. There isnt a single captain who rejects everything, but the right to do so certainly exists. It may be frustrating to get rejections, but it is necessary. Without captains rejecting moves that will shift the balance in season, the arms race escalates.

3. Based on this thread and one of the points that was made, the league will discuss other factors for the following season. Maybe something where commissioners and admins can play in the league but cannot be captains.

4. Fill out the surveys and discuss this openly in the survey when that document goes out at the conclusion of every season. Most of the changes and improvements in the rules, policies and the site from season to season stem from the feedback received on those surveys.

The season is right around the corner. Hope everyone is healthy going in and coming out. Looking forward to a great season iA.
#16 Areeha
moizlatif  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 7:37:45 PM(UTC)
moizlatif

If anyone needs a substitute or another player for D2, feel free to contact me through email moizlatif3@gmail.com. I played last season for Amman and you can check the stats if you need. Free Agent Squad fell through so looking to hop on a team that needs a double/double player!